Getting Here By Car
Showcase Cinema Manchester is located on Hyde Road in Belle Vue which is 3 miles south east of the city centre.
There are lots of buses that run just outside the cinema every 10 – 15 minutes from Stockport to Manchester Town Centre.
The Manchester United Museum & Stadium Tour
Offers a behind the scenes look at the world’s most iconic stadium; Old Trafford
Come and sit in the managers seat in the dugout, walk through the players’ tunnel towards the hallowed turf and find the seat of your favourite player in the dressing room. Get a feel for life in the Premier League and immerse yourself in an unrivalled story, the greatest football story ever told
We welcome groups of all sizes, from all over the world every day to the home of Manchester United, from individuals and families to international group tours, providing the same world class experience to all.
All tickets for the Museum & Stadium Tour are valid for an entire year, giving you 12 months of football fun. Your Annual Pass will give you the opportunity to come back as often as you like for the next 365 days!
For smaller groups, the Family & Friends Saver Annual Pass is a great option. Groups of 4-8* can enjoy a great value day out all year round at Manchester United Museum & Stadium Tour with a 15% discount on the total booking.
For those wanting to see the action on the pitch, a Matchday VIP Experience is the only way to guarantee a seat to any home game.
Is a completely unique, entirely innovative event space in the heart of Manchester. Our iconic venue offers clients a blank canvas for production and a dedicated team with ability to manage and deliver large scale events to a wide range of sectors from corporate meetings and exhibitions to music and sporting events.
Built in the early 1900s as predominantly a cotton storage facility, our warehouse building has stood as a symbol of this city’s industrial strength and innovation for around 100 years and careful renovations have made it a venue to capture the imagination.
Our site encompasses two buildings, namely The Cotton Sheds, our large events space and the Victoria Warehouse Hotel which also includes The Bays, The Archives and The Cellars for smaller scale projects. The Cotton Sheds boast our signature industrial aesthetic with exposed brickwork and other original features. With the capacity to host up to 1,600 for a conference and ample break out space available, The Cotton Sheds truly are an unusual event space.
Our flexible event space of over 10,000sqm can be adapted to suit any event, whether it’s a huge product launch, or a small meeting. The diverse range of clients we’ve accommodated is testament to our versatility and we’re proud that brands including Audi, BBC 6 Music, Facebook, BMW, L’Oreal and Heineken have chosen us for their events.
Our mission is to be the UK’s most creatively ambitious event space yet. As a creative canvas of unlimited potential ... We Are What You Make Us.
Explore Greater Manchester’s Festive Markets and Lights Switch-Ons
1. Manchester’s annual Christmas Lights Switch-On spectacular will move from Albert Square for the first time, taking place near Manchester Cathedral on Deansgate on Thursday 14 November.
2. Visit the UK's original, award winning Christmas Markets in Manchester City Centre, offering mouth-watering international food, drinks and delicately crafted Yuletide gifts.
3. Just a short sleighride from the city centre, Tameside Christmas Markets hosts over 20 traditional cabin stalls, offering handmade crafts along with delicious festive treats. And to add an extra sparkle to a Christmas family day out, enjoy the ferris wheel, carousel and donkey rides.
4. Wrap up warm and head to Rochdale Festive Markets to enjoy steaming hot drinks and find unique gifts for your loved ones. There will be mouth-watering food, drinks and gifts with beautiful stalls in the magnificent setting of the Great Hall.
5. Head out of the city to Ramsbottom Christmas Markets; dotted around the beautiful town centre, it features food and craft from local producers. While in Ramsbottom, why not visit the lovely independent shops, cafes, bars and brewery too!
6. Discover unique vintage and handmade gifts for loved ones at the Etsy Made Local Manchester Market. There will be over 40 local Etsy sellers at the People's History Museum from Friday 30th Nov to Sunday 2nd December. Be sure to enjoy mulled wine, mince pies and live music as you explore the treasures
7. Head to Wigan for Standish Christmas Markets, with its indoor craft markets offering the best from North West traders, streets lined with outdoor market stalls and a beer tent operated by the village’s own Albion Ale House.
8. As always, the Lowry Outlet Makers Markets are open on the last Saturday and Sunday of the month, offering the finest local food, drink, art, design and vintage and modern craft around.
Enjoy some Festive Family Fun
9. Lightopia is a brand-new addition to the Christmas festivities in Manchester, and the very first of its kind in Europe. An exploration of light, movement and form, Lightopia promises to beautifully captivate the senses with unique interactive and immersive lights, lanterns, and installations.
10. Returning again for 2019, Manchester’s Ice Village will be welcoming visitors, featuring attractions such as a new -10 degrees Ice Tiki Bar, a brand-new ice skating rink, an Ice Cavern and an unmissable Santa experience.
11. Head to the family favourite The Lanterns at Chester Zoo and watch the little ones’ eyes light up and their imaginations run wild on a magical night time journey.
12. Add a little thrill-seeking to your Christmas cheer with Winter Funland's indoor theme park at EventCity.
13. Ride the super fun snow slide at Bolton Winter Festival along with a visit to their ice rink, magical Santa's Grotto and festive artisan markets.
14. Discover new immersive installations as the magical winter trail at Dunham Massey is set to be bigger and better than ever.
15. Walk in the footsteps of famous Coronation Street residents, discover filming secrets and hear stories of their favourite characters at the official tour.
16. Explore one of Manchester’s Highlight Tours, a collection of experiences that tell the story of a radical, inventive, innovative Manchester through its significant museum and gallery collections, creative organisations and expert guides.
Go Ice Skating
17. Skate in magical surroundings on the Skate Manchester at the Ice Village this Christmas, the UK’s biggest ever ice attraction!
18. Get your skate on at Winter Funland, where sessions will be included in your ticket price and available during your 4 hour visit. Skate instructors will be available to assist your family with advice and penguin skate aids for children who need a helping hand.
Christmas Shows, Carols, and Concerts
19. For the first time on a UK stage, Dr Seuss’ classic How The Grinch Stole Christmas will come to The Lowry in December.
20. Can I get an amen? RuPaul's Drag Race favourites BenDeLaCreme and Jinkx Monsoon are back for an all new two-queen holiday extravaganza in All I Want for Christmas is Attention.
21. If you like your theatre with a slice of technical hitches, flying mishaps and cast disputes, Peter Pan Goes Wrong stumbles along to The Lowry at the start of December.
22. For more traditional pantomime, don’t miss Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Opera House, with jaw-dropping dance, side-splitting comedy, sensational special effects, and plenty of festive magic.
23. Is it even Christmas if you don’t hear a version of ‘Walking in the Air’? Bring the whole family to the screening of Raymond Briggs' classic animated film, The Snowman, accompanied by The Hallé performing the live score. Or, head to Manchester Opera House to watch the enchanting live version of The Snowman, which has thrilled audiences around the world.
24. With a recommended age of 3-103, the kids and great-great Grandma can enjoy the enchanting adaptation of the much loved The Gruffalo's Child at The Lowry.
25. Catch X Factor winner Alexandra Burke starring in The Bodyguard at The Palace Theatre, based on the Oscar nominated movie.
26. Interested in hearing a heart-warming tale about a brave little bear who helps to save Christmas? (If not, what’s wrong with you?!) The Met in Bury will host The Big Snowy Christmas, perfect for those little bears aged 3-6.
27. To get you really into the festive spirit, on the 19 December The Hallé will perform A Christmas Cracker, featuring festive favourites such as Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, Jingle Bell Rock and many many more.
28. Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived. From Tudor queens to pop princesses, the six wives of Henry VIII finally take to the mic to tell their tales in the homegrown histo-remixed pop-concert musical Six.
Meet Father Christmas
29. Meet the big man himself in an all new, unmissable Santa experience at the returning Ice Village Manchester.
30. Get your Christmas wish list ready for when Santa's Grotto opens at Manchester Arndale.
31. The story of Beatrix Potter’s woodland wonderland will once again be brought to life this Christmas in a magical festive experience, as the Peter Rabbit™ Christmas Grotto returns to intu Trafford Centre.
32. Top off your snow adventure with a visit to Santa’s Grotto at Chill Factore, and for the littlest ones, discover the magic of real snow in Mini Moose Land.
33. To keep the little ones and the adults happy, step in to the magical winter wonderland of Bruntwood Hall at Oddfellows on the Park to meet Santa, and get a festive afternoon tea included in the ticket price!
Eat, Drink and be Merry
34. Experience an après-ski atmosphere like no other and enjoy classic cocktails, seasonal treats and live entertainment at Spinningfields Bar Hütte.
35. Enjoy an exquisite selection of contemporary Japanese and Mexican small plates at Peter Street Kitchen the winner of ‘Best Luxury Restaurant’ in the UK. At the British Restaurant Awards 2019.
36. Showcasing all its original Edwardian beauty with a modern twist, The Corn Exchange is home to a mouth-watering mix of new restaurants in Manchester that offer a fusion of flavours from around the globe.
37. Open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon chai, dinner, and late night tipples, all are welcome at the excellent Dishoom, which pays loving homage to the Irani cafés and food of all Bombay.
38. A highlight of the Christmas calendar, The Portico's annual Christmas Feast offers an evening of good food and festive entertainment in a relaxed and jovial atmosphere.
Go Christmas Shopping
39. With over 200 stores, get all of your shopping done under one roof at Manchester Arndale. Or, give your loved ones the gift of freedom to choose with a Manchester Arndale Gift Card.
40. Browse Manchester’s range of independent stores to get a truly unique gift for your favourite person (and a little something for yourself!)
41. Hit the High Street and shop ‘till you drop in Manchester’s enviable range of stores.
42. Combine shopping with a day out at intu Trafford Centre and get those pesky presents in-between visiting the cinema, going deep underwater at SEA LIFE, and enjoying fantastic food from over 60 restaurants.
43. Make your way to Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet for their late night shopping event, where you can save up to 70% off the Autumn collection.
44. Grab those Christmas goodies, treats, pies, and quirky gifts at Oldham’s wonderful Albion Farm Christmas Festival.
45. Wander around the stunning grounds at Tatton Park before entering the famous mansion and browsing gifts from 45 exhibitors at the Christmas Shopping Show.
46. Treat that special someone with a piece of unforgettable jewellery from Manchester’s Jewellery Quarter. We promise we can keep a secret..
Hotel Stays and Experiences
47. A monumental listed building ingrained in Manchester’s history, the The Edwardian Manchester, A Radisson Collection Hotel has 236 beautiful, contemporary-designed rooms.
48. Stay in five-star Lowry Hotel, where Salford meets Manchester on the banks of the River Irwell.
49. Boasting 150 rooms on-site at Emirates Old Trafford, the home to Lancashire Cricket Club, Hilton Garden Inn offers luxurious yet relaxed surroundings.
50. Crowne Plaza Manchester – Oxford Road and Staybridge Suites Manchester – Oxford Road are situated on the University of Manchester campus, close to many attractions including The Royal Northern College of Music, Whitworth Art Gallery and the popular concert venue; O2 Apollo Manchester.
51. Dakota, one of Manchester’s newest hotels, is a lifestyle brand for the independent thinking and discerning traveller, featuring 117 luxurious bedrooms and 20 opulent suites.